Hellooooo internet world.
A week and a half ago, I did an update on my Ideal Protein journey so far and I was so pumped, so positive, so excited. I was ready to tackle the remaining weeks ( I thought I had a few left AT LEAST ) & I never thought I’d be doing my final journey post so soon. But here I am. Week 2 ( 2.5 to be exact, eek ) and I am finished.
I thought that I’d lose weight slower because I really didn’t have THAT much to lose anyway and this is typically a diet that people use who have to lose HUGE amounts, but when I started I lost 6.4 pounds in 7 days and over the course of the next 7 days, I lost another 2.4. I really didn’t think that 1.7 pounds was a lot and I was kind of disappointed to be honest. IPP claims that you’ll lose 3-7 each week and I hadn’t even hit the minimum but then I thought back on my water intake & I knew I hadn’t drank 2 litres each day ( I had come close but not hit it / surpassed it ) and I guess the water intake really does matter. I weighed myself on Saturday and decided that I would finish out the food I had left and end on Wednesday AKA when I ran out of packaged foods. So from Saturday – Wednesday I drank more water than I ever have and miraculously lost another 2 pounds, upping my total to just over 10 pounds lost in 17 days. AMAZING.
It sounds so great & I still have such positive views on it but I just knew in my mind that it was time for me to stop, or I would start cheating and end up hurting myself more in the end.
There are a few reasons why I stopped:
001) I WANT TO WORK OUT. I literally never thought I’d miss it. I was so excited that I didn’t have to wake up early and sweat every morning but I MISS IT. BIG TIME.
002) It’s so freakin’ expensive. $92 dollars a week PLUS you have to buy your meats and vegetables. And like a lot of each. 4 cups of veggies a day ( more if you eat cucumber like I did – it was a freebie and you could eat as much of it a day as you’d like so it was my snack ALWAYS ) & 8 ounces of meat a day is expensive too. I ate a lot of eggs which ended up being 6 PER DAY. It was ridiculous.
003) I miss eating whatever I want ( within reason OBV ). It was SO restricted. I mean it is fairly easy to do and follow but eating the same things every single day is just boring and makes me feel sick after a while. I’m super picky so I didn’t like a lot of the packaged foods – I had the same breakfast, lunch & snack every day. I’ve never eaten so many freakin’ cucumbers in my life & I’m SOOOOoooo over chicken and eggs it’s ridiculous.
004) I want to find what I can / can’t eat & I can’t do that on this protocol. MORE ON THIS TO COME……… Currently looking for naturopahs and specialized doctors to figure out WTF is wrong with my stomach. My mom and dad were almost in tears today because I was in so much discomfort / agony & they got so upset. They felt so bad & helpless towards the situation, so they are really encouraging me to pursue my digestive issues further.
005) I’ve lost enough weight to easily lose the rest through proper diet & exercise. Basically I just need to tighten and tone and I’ll be good to go. This is the fun part. I’m so excited to experiment with new recipes and eat clean, work out and RUN AGAIN!
There is not one part of me that regrets following this protocol or that is against doing it again. I think it is amazing how it works and it’s crazy to actually read more into it & see how all of what you’re putting into your body on IPP really affects it. I mean who knew 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of oil were a requirement for a diet? Or that chips and chocolate were encouraged? …and the chips and chooclate didn’t even taste bad / fake AKA not like real chips & chocolate. They were delicious… #savinggrace… I’ll probably still continue to buy the protein chips because OMG I’m obsessed and I loveeee the protein powder AKA def using it for smoothie mix but yayyyy I can have fruit again!! I’m just burnt out right now and super annoyed with my stomach. I need to work on figuring out what the f is going on & go from there.
Workout top: GAP
Sneakers: Skechers Go Walks
*** These Skechers are a SERIOUS FAV RIGHT NOW, best shoe I’ve ever bought quite possibly…
On a positive note though – I actually woke up this morning at 6:30 am SO excited to work out. I mean I maybe almost threw up / passed out but I made it through barely ha. I also enjoyed my avocado and egg breakfast sandwich so freakin’ much. I’m so excited to be back to normal. I can’t wait to be able to go on walks and not feel light-headed and weak after like 15 minutes. I can’t wait to have energy again & to tone up! Health & fitness can be such a fun journey if you work hard, experiment and keep things fun / new.
Anywho I just wanted to give y’all a quick update & fill you in on my IPP journey. I am currently falling asleep writing this post because I’m out of shape / not used to having real food in my body / SOOO not used to working out / or being out of bed before 10 am…..zzzz…… goodnight!