NYE decor: Party City
Happy 2016 everyone! I hope you all had a fun NYE doing whatever it was that you chose to do.
New Year’s Eve was super chill around here and I don’t know about you but that’s just how I like it. I went out last year and honestly everyone was a hot damn mess by 11pm and sickly drunk by 12:30am. I was home in bed by 1am and totally felt like I wasted a ton of money for nothing.
Daniel and I went out to dinner at this new ( to us ), awesome, fantastic, amazing Irish Pub and it was SO good. << I’m obsessed, can’t you tell? It’s definitely out cheat meal restaurant for 2016.
We came home and played a tonnnnn of Heads Up with my parents haha, and then watched the last part of the season of Fear the Walking Dead and headed to sleep around 2am. Much more fun than NYE 2015, that’s for sure…
So, let’s talk New Year resolutions.
Every year I make NY resolutions and every year, by February, I’ve broken those resolutions. This year I’m not making any. I’m going to continue to set monthly goals for myself each month and put my focus on those each and every day.
In addition to my monthly goals ( which I’ve done for a while now ), I want to focus on creating healthier habits throughout the year.
Some of my healthy habits that I want to create include:
– lean, clean & green. I love fresh fruits and veggies, smoothies, juices, salads, chicken and turkey. I’ve fallen in to a bad habit of treating myself with a cookie ( basically every day ), eating treats while watching shows and movies, and just really not eating as clean and green and I know I can. This year I’m focusing on superfood smoothies, fresh juices, avacados, eggs, spinach, kale, apples, grapefruit and almonds to list a few.
– water, lemon water, dandelion/peppermint/herbal teas, almond milk and coconut water. Lately I’ve fallen too in love with sugar filled, whipped cream topped, super bad for me coffee shop caffeinated beverages and I haven’t drank near as much water as I should be. I love love love tea but haven’t been drinking it as often, as I keep opting for the sugar-filled drinks or “candy coffee” ( <<< as my mom calls it ).
– treat others with respect, love them and care for them but also treat myself the same way. I so often treat others better than I treat myself or encourage others to do nice things for themselves and to be healthy, but I forget to love me too. I’ve heard/read that so many people are making 2016 “the year of you” and I think that it is such a good idea. We so often focus on others and other people’s happiness that we forget to love ourselves and treat ourselves in the way that we deserve.
– stop leaving everything until the last dang minute. This past semester I was the queen of writing papers 5 hours before their due date. With blog posts, I always want to get one up on a certain day, and I leave everything until that day and then continue to push it later and later. This year I want to be able to enjoy things, so I want to start things much before their due or much before when I want to have them completed.
Stick to a routine:
– do things at the same time every day, be consistent and efficient. I know for a fact that I work best and am most productive if I have a set routine during the day/week. Following a routine helps me know when to schedule things, know when I have free time, know when I need to do something, etc. I want to focus on sleeping around the same time each night and waking up each morning at ( give or take ) the same time too. I have workout times planned, am working on scheduling in school time, blog time and free time, around my work schedule so that I know how much I need to do each day.
Believe in myself:
– during tough times, perservere… if I fall off track, don’t beat myself up. There are going to be hard times, setbacks, emotional days, sick days, lazy days, days that are complete write-offs and that is okay. This year I am going to be my #1 fan, my #1 supporter and always cheer myself on because it is so important.
– saying goodbye to Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers, toxic people and toxic environments. It is so easy to fall in to the trap of negativity when others around you are negative. Sure there are going to be some tough days and you’re going to complain or be upset ( and so are your friends ) but I am going to try to look at positives. I am going to encourage my friends with positivity and not let negative thoughts and environments consume me.
– put my attention and effort on the task at hand and complete it. Along with being a hugeeee procrastinator and leaving things to the last minute always, I find distractions for myself and do other things and prolonging the task at hand. Instead of just doing it, I check my phone 800 times, I clean my room, I watch tv, I go for a walk, I text someone back, etc., and then whatever I am doing takes way longer than it really should.
Live in the moment:
– stop over-thinking, stop letting anxieties and worries consume me, stop the “what if’s”. I just want to do something without thinking about it, without thinking about the consequences, without thinking about what negatives could occur if I do something. I just want to live and experience things. I want to be more spontaneous and do things spur of the moment. I am a planner in all aspects of my life, I always have to know what is going on and this year I am going to try to be more chilled.
Make it happen:
– work my ass off and get what I want by creating it for myself. Stop relying on others, stop thinking of the “what could be’s”, stop putting things off because I’m scared and just make it happen.
Do you have any NY resolutions or goals set for yourself? Are you planning on creating healthy habits for 2016? I think I’m going to share my monthly goals here each month, so I am forced to hold myself accountable.
There’s going to be some changes on here coming soon and I am so excited.
2016 is going to be a good year, I can just feel it.